Accudata Systems to Participate in Oil & Gas Cyber Security Summit
Accudata CEO to Chair Summit Day Two Featuring Live Hacking Demo & Industrial Operations Security
May 22, 2015 – Houston, Texas – Accudata Systems today announced participation in the IQPC 2nd Annual Cyber Security for Oil and Gas Summit to be held June 16-18th in Houston Texas. Conference Day Two will be chaired by Accudata CEO, Patrick Vardeman.
Oil and gas industry leaders will converge at this summit to address critical cyber security threat concerns and trends. June 16th is a Pre-Summit Workshop Day featuring sessions on reducing the power of the hacker, and using traffic capture analysis to monitor and eradicate threats. Summit Days One and Two will provide a platform for IT and cyber security professionals to share their wisdom, experience, and thoughts on the future of complex and often unknown threats to their enterprises. Day Two will also feature a live hacking demo.
Expert speakers are expected to include representatives from Marathon Oil, McDermott International, Cimarex Energy, Baker Hughes, Fluor Federal Petroleum Operations, Apache Corporation, Enterprise Products, and Noble Drilling. Day Two conference topics include:
• The Perfect Storm and Climate for Quantum Change in Cyber Security
• Secure Information Sharing: Addressing Cyber Threats and the Benefit of Cyber Attack Information Sharing
• Best Practices for Asset Integrity and Secure Information Management for the Oil & Gas Industry
• Discussing a Utopian Network Security Architecture and How IT Would Look Given an Unlimited Budget (Executive Management Panel Discussion)
• Hacking Critical Infrastructure: A Summary From Cyber Myth to Startling Reality (With Demo)
• Instant Messaging and Its Potential Dangers in a Dodd-Frank World
• Protecting Against Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Malware and Increasingly Complex Hacker Abilities
• Reducing the Risk of Ransomware Attacks on Corporate Data and Protecting “Crown Jewels”
Vardeman will open, moderate, and close the conference on Day Two, bringing insight into the changing relationship of IT and industrial operations. Since joining Accudata in 1999, Vardeman’s responsibilities have included setting the strategic direction of the company and leading the senior management team in oversight of products, services, and customer satisfaction. As an executive committee member of Accudata, Vardeman also represents Accudata on various partner advisory boards, including Cisco, Citrix and Juniper advisory boards.